top of page

​- Les activités dans la region -


The arenas

 de Nîmes 

A large theater which was originally built at the end of the 1st century under the rule of the Roman Empire and which is also a symbol of Nime. Not only is it large in scale, but it also has the finest state of preservation that rivals any first or second of the existing Roman amphitheaters.

In addition to the regular tours, there are fun events throughout the year, giving the immersive atmosphere a time-slip to Roman times. antique.


​Pont du Gard

Listed as a World Heritage Site in 1985, the Pont du Gard, a tourist hotspot in the south of France, is an aqueduct built in the 1st century AD during Roman times. After construction, it carries water to Nimes  for over 600 years and still retains its majestic appearance.

You can walk over the bridge all year round, and in the summer you can canoe and camp on the River Gardon, which runs under the bridge.

Address: Boulevard des Arènes, 30000 Nîmes

Phone :04 66 21 82 56
Opening hours: 

January, February, November, December: 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

      March and October: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.

April, May and September: 9 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.

June: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.

July and August: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Official website:

Address: 400 Rte du Pont du Gard,

      _cc781905-5cde-3194-bb3b- 136bad5cf58d_   _cc781905-5cde-3194 -bb3b-136bad5cf58d_   30210 Vers-Pont-du-Gard

Phone :04 66 37 50 99

Schedules opening:

      _cc781905-5cde-3194-bb3b- 136bad5cf58d_January to March: 9am to 8pm

      _cc781905-5cde-3194-bb3b- 136bad5cf58d_April to December:8 a.m. to 12 a.m.

Official website:

スクリーンショット 2022-07-02 12.35.40.png

The castle

Ducal of Uzès 

There is only one prestigious castle called "Duchy" in France.

This castle was builtin the 10th century, and belonged to the Crussol family of Uzès which has played an important role in the history of France for generations, for 500 years.

At present, it is possible to visit the interior of the castle for a limited time and season.




Address: Place du Duché, 30700 Uzes

Telephone: 04 66 22 18 96

Opening hours: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.,

      _cc781905-5cde-3194-bb3b- 136bad5cf58d_   _cc781905-5cde-3194 -bb3b-136bad5cf58d_       _cc78190 5-5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_   _cc781905 -5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_     _cc781905-5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d _   2 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Official site:

スクリーンショット 2022-07-02 12.35.52.png


of the Eure

Located at the foot of Uzès, the history of the Eure Valley began in the 1st century AD. At that time, the Romans exploited an abundant water which took its source at the edge of the Alzon, located in Uzès, to be then transported to Nîmes, via a 50 km long aqueduct, of which the Pont-du-Gard was part. The latter is also the only site in France recognized to be part of the “Ancient Unesco Route” itinerary.

This place steeped in history is now a park where you can picnic, fish and walk...etc, and it is a place of relaxation for both locals and tourists.


Palace of the Popes of Avignon

The Palais des Papes was built in Avignon in the 14th century.

From 1309 to 1377, the Catholic headquarters moved from Rome to this region under the influence of the King of France, where the seven  popes of France were based. 136bad5cf58d_In 1433, the palace became the property of the Roman Curia, but it gradually deteriorated. Moreover, during the French Revolution, the palace was destroyed and looted.

After that part was used as a prison or barracks, but in 1906 the barracks were completely removed and now it is open to the public as a national museum. Since 1947, it has hosted the Avignon Theater Festival.


The bridge

Saint Benezet

Built in the 12th century, the Pont d'Avignon was the only way for merchants and pilgrims to travel to Spain and Italy at the time to get out of Lyon towards the sea.

It was three-quarters destroyed by the attack of Louis VIII of France in 1226. Attempts were made to rebuild it, but the flood of the Rhône in 1603 caused an arch to collapse and catch up with the plague epidemic, making maintenance difficult. .

Even now, the Pont d'Avignon only remains halfway, and it is possible to walk halfway across the bridge.

Address: Pl. du Palais, 84000 Avignon

Phone04 32 74 32 74

Opening hours:10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Official website:

Address:Boulevard de la Ligne, 84000 Avignon

Phone:   04 32 74 32 74

bottom of page